The Examination committee is functional body of the Institute which is headed by Controller of Examinations (COE) and shall be facilitated by three sections: Examination, Record Maintenance and Administration. The main function of the Examination Committee is to carry out all examinations, publish results and award certificates (provided by the Institute) to the students. Keeping the record of each and every issue related to the examination and organizing workshops and seminars for the improvement of the examination system are also the responsibilities of this Committee.
To conduct Internal Assessment and External Assessment Examination related all work as per University notifications and ordinance.
Role and Responsibility
1. Prepare guidelines for teachers to prepare question paper for different internal examination
2. Prepare precise and lucid instructions regarding
(a) pattern of question paper
(b) types of questions
(c) rational marks allotted to different types of questions (d) language of instruction etc
3. Collection of subject test paper.
4. Circular:- Giving advanced circular to the teachers signed by the Director regarding submitting question paper, mark sheet on time and any other required documents
5. Preparation of Question Bank:- In charge prepares subject wise question bank in coordination with subject teacher
6. To ensure the quality of question paper in co-ordination with HOD / Subject teacher.
7. Preparation of Question Paper:-Ensure preparation of question paper i.e. final print out before 48 hours. Preparation of standard question paper subject wise according to guidelines given by the Director from time to time. Question paper should be in proper format. Grammatical mistakes should not be there in question paper. Question paper must not exceed or less than the prescribed marks for the particular examination.
8. Seating Arrangement:-Making proper seating arrangement for students for different examinations.
9. Time-table:-Making examination time table with the consent from Director & Departments.
10. Duty charge:-Prepare examination duty charts for the teachers.
11. To ensure the quality correction of answer sheet in co-ordination with HOD / Subject teacher.
12. Preparation of marking scheme: Teacher will prepare marking scheme of question with question paper and submit it to the Examination Committee.
13. Answer sheets correction: – Teacher will submit corrected answer sheet within 72 hours after the Examination.
14. Records keeping:-Keeping records of all the examination held in the institute in soft as well as hard copy.
15. Mark List: – Teacher will show the mark lists to the Department Head / Director before final entering of mark sheets in the records.
16. Under the guidance of the COE, the Exam Cell shall analyze the exam results and the same shall be verified by the respective HODs. After due verification, copies of the result analysis shall be sent to HODs/ Director.
17. All the results (First Year to Final Year) shall be displayed on the respective student Notice Boards. A copy of the same shall be sent to the respective HODs.
18. Outside Examination:- Conduct examination from other agencies and making proper arrangement for them.
19. The Exam Committee shall ensure that adequate stationery, like answer sheets, drawing sheets, charts, graph paper, drawing boards, trays, threads, water jugs etc. are made available.
20. The Committee shall be responsible for smooth organization of the end semester examinations organized by the university as per its instructions and guidelines.
The term of the committee member will be for one academic year.